SPIRAL GOLD PAN. GOLD NECKLACE AND PENDANT. GOLD RIBBON CLIPART.
Spiral Gold Pan
- A large shallow dish used to separate small pieces of placer gold from other lighter material like gravel, mud, sand and black sand. The material is placed in the pan with water and agitated.
- Placer mining (, also ) is the mining of alluvial deposits for minerals. This may be done by open-pit (also called open-cast mining) or by various forms of tunneling into ancient riverbeds.
- Show a continuous and dramatic increase
- Cause to have a spiral shape or follow a spiral course
- a plane curve traced by a point circling about the center but at increasing distances from the center
- Move in a spiral course
- coiling: in the shape of a coil
- gyrate: to wind or move in a spiral course; “the muscles and nerves of his fine drawn body were coiling for action”; “black smoke coiling up into the sky”; “the young people gyrated on the dance floor”
1st Course: Crispy Potato Wrapped Portuguese Sardines
Stuffed with chorizo, black olive & onion, pickled carrots and salsa verde. ($10 as a regular appetizer, this was a 4-course tasting portion (which I think is the same as the appetizer portion.)
Notes: For some odd reason, I’ve never had good sardines at 40 Sardines… they’ve not been bad, but they just don’t taste as clean and fresh as I have had in other cities.
A signature dish at this restaurant (given the name, I think it’s appropriate), they’re usually grilled. This latest incarnation has them wrapped in a spiral of shoestringed potatoes and pan-fried. Sadly, the result was not a crispy outer layer – rather soggy and greasy. Sardines are very high in natural fat and I think the residual oils from the fish just eek out and un-crisp whatever crispness the thing potato wire achieved during cooking.
The best thing about this dish was the salsa verde – tangy and vinegary and briney (I think it was a mix of capers, garlic and oil) – which helped cut through the fattiness of the fish and helped clean up the flavors. The picked carrots also helped with counter-balancing the heavy flavor of the fish.
Gorgeous Pair Skaters – Death Spiral
4th place , Pair Skating, 2006 Olympic Winter Game in Torino, Italy.
Gold Medal, Pair Skating, 2006 World Figure Skating Competition in Canada.